Don’t miss out on all the fun!
Top events in 2010 include:
1) Riding with the Australian Cowboys in the Great Australian Outback Cattle Drive
2) Going on a Safari during the Annual Kalahari Bushmen’s initiation hunt in Botswana, Africa
3) Witnessing the Total Solar Eclipse from the remote Cook Islands, French Polynesia and Easter Island
4) Partying it up at Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5) Taking a ride on the luxurious Maharajas’ Express, India’s newest, highly anticipated super train
6) Getting into all of the excitement at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa
If you plan to partake in any of these events or any others, here’s some advice: Get your passports now! Why? Later this year, the State Department may be increasing their rates to $135 for adults who wish to obtain a first-time passport. For travelers under 16 years of age, the cost of a passport could go up to $105. Passport renewal is expected to jump to $110. Also, more and more American travelers are discovering that places (Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda) that previously did not require passports by land or sea, require them now. Passports were already required for returns through United States airports.
Even if you missed “Passport Day in the USA” on March 27, it is not too late to take advantage of the rates before they increase.