What size does a passport photo have to be? Can I wear my glasses in my passport photo? Should I smile in my passport photo? Can I wear my uniform in my passport photo? Am I allowed to wear a hat in my passport photo? Passport photos must adhere to strict regulations. The passport photo is an important part of the passport application process. It is recommended that a person use a professional passport photo service to have the best chances of the passport photo being accepted. However, it is possible if you would like to try to take your own passport photo. Before attempting to take your own passport photo it is important to keep in mind the following guidelines.
1. First, it may sound like a no brainer, but be sure to print your passport photo in color.
2. Be sure to print the passport photo on photo quality paper.
3. The passport photo needs to be exactly 2 inches by 2 inches (51 centimeters by 51 centimeters)
4. The passport photo must be sized in such a way so that the subject’s head is located between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
5. The passport photo must be current (generally taken within the last 6 months)
6. The background for your passport photo should be white or off-white.
7. The passport photo must be taken with the subject fully facing forward.
8. The passport photo must feature a natural facial expression and both eyes must remain open.
9. The passport photo should have you wearing clothing that is typical of what you would wear normally. (A uniform should not be worn in a passport photo. No hats, headphones or head coverings should be worn for the passport photos. An exception is made for religious clothing that is worn on a daily basis.)
10. Prescription glasses and hearing aids may be worn for your passport photo. To avoid a glare due to eyeglasses, it is suggested to tilt the glasses downward of take the passport photo without a flash. (Tinted glasses are not acceptable unless you can provide a medical certificate.
If you want to be on the safe side when it comes to passport photos, just have a passport photo specialist take the passport photo for you. At Rush Passport™ our passport photo professionals can take a professional passport photo for you that is sure to be accepted.
If you need passport photos or other passport services such as an expedited passport, emergency passport, same day passport, US Passport book, US Passport Card, be sure to contact Rush Passport™. You can visit us at http://www.rushpassport.com or call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to speak with a Live Passport Agent. (877) 937-7277 (All 50 States) or (212) 643-9305 New York Passport Agency. Rush Passport™ Official US Passport Expeditors, serving Brooklyn, The Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, Manhattan, Westchester County, Nassau County & Suffolk County, Long Island, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and Miami, Florida.